Laugh

Laugh
Click any letter for a look at my prize-winning essay from the Erma Bombeck Writing Competition. You don't even have to buy a vowel.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sand Hassle


A good bathing suit is like a screen door. It keeps out unsavory wildlife and provides a nice view, yet allows a gentle breeze to come through and cool off the kitchen.

If the screen door doesn't work, the house fills up with smoke and somebody's biscuits are going to burn.

Join me over at An Army of Ermas. I've been frolicking in the ocean a little too long. My biscuits are in big trouble.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This could quite possibly be the best metaphor for a bathing suit I've ever heard. Can I use that?

:)

Amy Mullis said...

Of course you can! A basic truth is there for us all to live by!