I don't pretend to know the mind of God, although I'm pretty sure He gets His laughs watching the Weather Channel. So while I watched the announced Rapture proceedings with a raised eyebrow this weekend, I couldn't help noticing that a few items around my house have gone missing. Even though I may be tempted to look suspiciously at possible suspects in my living room, I'd like to point out. . .
Ten Things at My House That May Have Been Raptured This Weekend:
1. My car keys.
2. The last two chocolate chip cookies. Also, the equivalent of a glass of milk.
3. My other shoe.
4. The dollar bill that was hidden in the junk drawer under the nail clippers.
5. The points of all my pencils.
6. The lid to the grape jelly.
7. My deposit slips.
8. My original Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album.
9. The pliers I use to turn off the hot water.
10. The dog’s food—the bag is empty!
On second thought, cross number ten off the list. There is a suspicious trail of crumbs leading to someone's sleepy pillow beside the couch.