Laugh

Laugh
Click any letter for a look at my prize-winning essay from the Erma Bombeck Writing Competition. You don't even have to buy a vowel.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Booty, Booty, Who's Got the Booty?

Arrrr! This be the Cap'n speakin'! So batten yer hatches and listen up!

It do seem thar be many a lissome wench wanting a piece of me booty. And even one or two what seemed to be manly sorts -- I do assume ye be wanting the shoes fer yer own women-folk, but that be none o' me business, after all.

The crew gathered in the Cap'n's cabin and wrote down the names on identical slips o' the finest sticky-note parchment.

I chose me most favoritest pirate hat fer the drawing...


And dropped the names in, very dramatic-like, as if they was so many pieces of eight...


I got me mate Bo to help with the drawing.


Unfortunately, the scallywag is a bit of a slobbererer...


O' course, he did have the sense to be ever so slightly embarrassed when I pointed this out to 'im.


So I called upon me other crew members and volunteered (by stint o' him drawing the short straw) the one called Son Two, the Claw Hand o' Doom...


A hush fell o'er the whole ship as the Claw Hand o' Doom fumbled with the itty-bitty pieces of parchment....


Finally, we have a winner. And that winner be....

Plaid Earthworm, also known as Beth Bartlett! Now that be a fine piratey wench name! Send Lady AmyDoodle yer mailing address (Facebook message, ashley1949@gmail.com, or a note in a bottle of rum), and we'll get the goods out to ye by the next postal dinghy!

















Arrr.

No comments: